Tuesday, January 25, 2011

It's A . . . .

GIRL!

Well most likely.

From the get go the technician was having problems getting this kid to stay still long enough to get the pictures she needed for the radiologist. I was in there probably twice as long as I was with Tyler. She told me that every time she tried to take a picture of the head, she shook it. And every time she tried to get a picture of the abdomen she would roll over. Yes, she's a stubborn one. Anyway, after a while she let me go get Mark and my mom. That's when we started the hide and seek game. The baby was rolled up into a ball, with her legs crossed. Could you get more modest? And yet somehow, in that fetal position, she was still able to move away from the ultrasound wand anytime we got close to a decent shot. The technician finally got a few glimpses and said, if she were to guess she would guess girl. I would too from what I saw, which was legs, bum and nothing. Tyler was so much easier! He had those legs spread wide for all to see. The technician was super nice too and went to get another technician to get a second opinion, because I wanted a sure answer. The second technician had a hard time too, but said she got a split second of a good shot and would say girl too. So, most likely, it is a girl.

We also didn't get any good pictures, thanks to her evasion skills. The technician said she couldn't even get a profile shot :( She was front facing or back facing, whatever her preference was at the moment, but she wouldn't turn on her side. The technician even had me turn on my side to try and get her to roll over or move or uncross or SOMETHING! But, no. So unfortunately, I don't have a picture to put on here. But, I was able to see all the limbs, fingers, toes, face, heart, organs, everything! She looks wonderful!

To be honest, it has taken me a while to get used to thinking this is a girl - a real live girl. I was more in shock or disbelief afterward then anything. I was so sure it was a boy that I practically had our life with two boys planned out, so now I have to retrain my mind! Haha! I felt bad that I wasn't bursting with excitement all the way home. But when we got home my mom pulled out a little girl sleeper she had hidden in her suitcase and I almost died from cuteness! The excitement is growing!

As far as names are concerned, we like Clara for a first name. Elizabeth or Elaina for a middle name. So we'll let that sit and see what happens.

Yay for baby girls!!

No comments:

Post a Comment