Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Back to School

Today was my first day back at school as a pregnant woman.  Well I guess technically I was working from week 1-5, but I didn't feel pregnant then.  Now after a 3 week, spring break sabbatical I am back on duty at 8 1/2 weeks.  I managed to stay in denial mode until last night, then I started to get a bit scared.  What if I get sick?  What if I'm so tired I can't handle it?  What if I get so tired, it makes me sick?  What if I get so moody I yell at the kids for no reason?  What if I cry for no reason?  What if I don't have access to enough food?  What if I just can't make it through our ridiculously long day?  Now, I have been very lucky to have been spared the throwing up constant nausea thing and I have actually seen a decrease in the intense nausea in the past few days.  My appetite and energy are even slowly but surely returning, with bad days here and there.  But what if I had a bad day at school??  So last night found me praying with every ounce of faith I could muster that I would have the health and energy to make it through my first day back.  Prayers are answered!  Today was better than I could have imagined.  My high school students were almost pleasant!  I felt totally fine, as long as I ate, until 2:45 with only 45 minutes left of school.  I made it through all my classes with a smile on my face (although I did start to droop a bit around 1:00 - teaching is tiring business).  I can only hope for as much success my 2nd day.  Wish me luck!        

No comments:

Post a Comment