Friday, April 24, 2009

10 weeks (and a little)

I am officially in the double digits!  10 1/2 weeks!  Why does it feel like everyone else's pregnancies move so much quicker - like my weeks are twice as long or something?  Although, last night Mark asked me if I was 7 or 8 weeks.  Excuse me?  Where have you been?  He was very surprised to hear he was 2 to 3 1/2 weeks behind.  So apparently time is moving fast for him.  I don't have much to update - I look the same and for the most part feel the same.  My hunger is increasing, which for me means I can finally eat something other than yogurt and crackers.  YAY!!  Some days are better than others.  Yesterday I hardly felt sick at all and ate a full dinner, chicken and all.  That's right.  I ate chicken.  Other days, however, leave me scowling at my food rather than eating it.  I have to say though that the good days are beginning to out number the bad days!  I may be coming to the end of this first trimester after all.  We get our 12 week ultrasound on May 7th - just a week and a half away.  I will post pictures then. 

The baby on the other hand is making lots and lots of changes.  Right now it should be somewhere between 1 1/2 inches and 2 inches, probably reaching 2 inches by 11 weeks.  What a big baby!  2 inches seems humongous to me.  I've been keeping track as this baby has gone from the size of the period at the end of the sentence, to the size of a blueberry, to the size of a raspberry, and now 2 inches!  It has separate fingers and toes, no more tail, and is growing a little face.  Did you know that each minute it develops 25,000 neurons?  I feel like I'm losing that many.  Yesterday at church I couldn't remember the young women's theme, something I have been saying since I was 12.  And at school I couldn't remember how to play a song I have had memorized for years.  Words escape me often and I find myself having blonde moments more often then not.  Come back brain!  All in all, I am happy that so far things are going so well.  Just a couple more weeks until we make this baby official news!  

No comments:

Post a Comment