Saturday, November 6, 2010

7 Weeks

You know you're pregnant when The Incredibles makes you cry. It's just such a heart warming family story you know? That's not as bad as The Office making me cry - not just cry, but sob. I don't even remember what it was that set me off, but whatever it was - yikes. The worst so far, Barney. Yep, I cried at Barney. Seriously, what is wrong with me? I don't remember being this emotional with Tyler, maybe a little here and there, but not like now. Its not that I'm sad. It just comes out of no where for no apparent reason. Just BAM tears.
In other news, I do feel sick. Not literally puke sick thank heavens, just yucky sick. I know it could be so so so much worse and I try very hard not to complain in front of my friends who do puke constantly while they're pregnant. Brave, selfless women that they are. I can still eat - some things, and do much better when someone else cooks - just like last time. I generally wake up feeling pretty normal as long as I eat, by 12-1 I feel a little yucky, then usually by 3 I'm sick for the rest of the night til I fall asleep. I'm just glad I get a break in there. Its heaven to wake up feeling decent.
In all honesty, aside from the emotional trauma that I put myself through daily, this pregnancy is pretty much the same as Tyler's so far. If I were a superstitious woman, I would say that this is a another boy, since they are so much alike. But, I'm not. If anything, I bet its a girl just because I think its a boy. Just like Tyler was a boy after I was SURE he was a girl.
I haven't called the doctor yet and got scolded by a friend for putting it off. I've heard that Kaiser doesn't give you an ultrasound til 12 weeks, so I guess I feel like its pretty much pointless to go in super early when all they'll say is, "well see you in 6 weeks - hope everything is fine. Guess we'll find out later." But, I've decided to call on Monday and set up my appt anyway. Maybe I'll be pleasantly surprised and they'll give me one earlier. Fingers crossed! I could always ask. The worst they could say is no.
And that's that. My 7 week update!

No comments:

Post a Comment