Thursday, November 18, 2010

Ultrasound #1

Happy Birthday to Tyler! Lucky boy got to go to the doctors with mommy on his birthday. But he did get to see his little baby bro or sis. There it is. Baby #2 in all its bloblike glory! (It's on the right in the black hole). It was a rather fast ultrasound. Probably lasted a total of 2 minutes. The doctor said, "See baby? See heartbeat? Alright, we measure and done." I was still trying to see the heart, but I think I found the flicker.

He measured the baby at 8 weeks 3 days, which would put me 2 days later than the estimated due date. But, he said he was going quickly so his measurement could be off a little and to keep the due date where it's at for now. Thank goodness, I don't want to add more time - even if it is just 2 days. The best news of all, well aside from having a healthy baby, is that I do get another ultrasound! He said he would do another one in 5-6 weeks to check growth. YAY!!! By then, hopefully the picture will look more like a baby and less like a blob. So I get an ultrasound again on Dec. 22 at about 13-14 weeks. And then the 18 week one on Jan. 25! Yay for ultrasounds! Yay for healthy babies!

No comments:

Post a Comment