Friday, March 13, 2009

BFP (BIG FAT POSITIVE)

So here's the rundown:  Monday, March 9th, I started feeling my average PMS symptoms, minus a couple and with the addition of a couple new ones - that was actually what got me thinking - could this be it??  By Wednesday I was feeling pretty certain, but restrained myself from taking a test.  Thursday I asked Mark if he thought I could be pregnant - he said, "no."  Hmmmm.  I decided (secretly) to take a test that next morning to see who was right.  So after a sleepless night, I dragged myself out of bed at 4:30 am Friday morning, the 13th, (that's right - today is Friday the 13th - let's not read into that) and took a test.  I couldn't watch.  And then, "Pregnant."  It's real!  It's really happening!  I am pregnant!!    

I decided to play nonchalant and just see when Mark noticed.  I left the test on the bathroom counter where Mark would have to see and went back to bed where I, obviously, still was unable to fall asleep.  So I laid there until my alarm went off at 5:15.  Acting all tired, I rolled out of bed to take a shower.  When I was finished I woke up Mark and got back in bed to read my scriptures.  I kept glancing at the door or straining my ears to see if I could tell if Mark had seen the test and if he even cared.  I sat through his whole shower.  When he finally decided to grace me with is presence, he walked to the space heater and stood there.  Hmph!  Is he really that blind or could he really just not care?  Well fine, two can play this game, I thought.  I kept my eyes down, reading my scriptures, and secretly wondered who would stop this ridiculous showdown first,  HAHA!!  NOT I!!  Within a minute Mark was running at me like a linebacker.  I covered my stomach (I am already very protective) and waited for the tackle.  He jumped on the bed, hugged and kissed me, and said, "When were you planning on telling me, huh?"  It was beyond the response I expected and I was ecstatic!  If anyone knows Mark, they know that he isn't into big showy expressions of emotion and believe me, this was a bit abnormal for Mark - especially it having to do with pregnancy.  He has been extremely patient with my obsession, but I have felt it wear on his nerves a bit.  So needless to say, the excitement that I saw in his face and the love that he showed made my day even better!  We continued our morning ritual, the drive to work, the drive home from work, and our evening together discussing this new addition to our lives.  What about work?  Money?  Will we need a new car?  We need a fence.  We still have time for that.  Do you want grass?  We're jumping ahead of ourselves here.  Hey are you scared?  What if something bad happens?  This will be good.  Don't worry.  When should we tell people?  When should I call the dr?  Should we switch insurance?  Take a picture of me.  You are out of control.  Eat up, you are eating for two.  You started a blog?  Again, you are out of control.  Did you take your prenatal vitamins?  I don't want a deformed kid.  Will you give me a blessing?  I have to go to the bathroom again.  Etc etc etc.  Anyway, I have decided that I wanted to document this first pregnancy.  If something happens then it happens and I will document that too.  For now, I am excited to find the humorous, the joyful, and maybe the nerve racking and scary aspects of this new adventure in our lives.  Mark may think I am out of control, and I just may be, but hopefully someday we will look back on this and laugh and cry and remember.          

No comments:

Post a Comment