Friday, March 13, 2009

An Introduction (of sorts)

Most the people reading this blog will know that this past August, Mark and I found out we were pregnant after 5 months of trying (and a year more of me just wanting to try).  At the time we were currently moving into a new house and I was ecstatic!  I felt beyond grateful for the blessings in my life - a wonderful husband, good jobs, a new house, and a baby on the way!  What more could I ask for?  However, before the pregnancy could even get underway, I began feeling uneasy and worried.  People told me I was being paranoid and that more than likely everything would be perfect.  I struggled to agree and find the peace I earned for.  A week and a half into my pregnancy I started bleeding and after days of bad news, and moments of miracles, we lost the baby.  I was devastated, but knew that I could turn to the Lord for healing.  

The complications of the miscarriage made it so we were given a waiting period before we could try again.  Finally by the end of December we were given the go ahead and I launched into it with reckless abandon - ovulation tests, daily temperature taking, chart reading, day counting, research, you name it - I was involved.  However, after two months of let down I was done.  I was sick of counting, testing, and charting.  I was sick of the obsession.  I told Mark, "That's it - no more of this nonsense.  We are going to live our lives like normal people." And so I embarked on my new journey of independence.  I tossed the tests, hid the thermometer, and refused to write the days of my cycle on the calendar.  I began to plan a summer trip, agreed to work full time teaching kindergarten next year, tried to spend more time with Mark, and less time thinking about myself and believe it or not - it was working!  I was happy, I felt fulfilled, I was ok.  And sure enough, this is the month it happens!  After I don't know how many people told me that the sooner I got on with my life, the sooner I would get pregnant - here I am - pregnant!  Am I still worried?  You better believe it.  But I am trying to put my trust in Heavenly Father and leave that burden to him.  I know that I could lose this one too.  I know there could be complications again.  And for that reason Mark and I are being a bit more cautious and are keeping this wonderful blessing to ourselves for the time being.  However, I am also aware that more likely than not, this pregnancy will be fine and that the baby will be healthy and normal.  And I am striving to give up that worry and just have faith.  Today in my scriptures I read in D&C 6 where it says, "Look unto Me in every thought; doubt not, fear not."  There were several other good verses and stories, but that is my new motto!  So, here we go!  Our adventure to parenthood begins!    

No comments:

Post a Comment