Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Ultrasound

Today I went and had my first ultrasound!  The technician was very nice and kept telling me that I can finally cry tears of joy.  She looked around to make sure everything was ok and then showed me this:
I almost did cry tears of joy!  This isn't the best copy.  Mark took a picture of the ultrasound picture with photo booth - so this is a picture of a picture of a picture.  But you can see the little white spot which is the baby!  She even showed me the little heartbeat.  She said I measured at exactly 5 weeks and 5 days, giving me a due date of November 20th - just like I thought.  I am so happy and so grateful that everything is going so well and that the baby seems strong!  Keep the prayers coming!    

In other news, the pregnancy symptoms have definitely begun.  This baby better be strong!  I have morning sickness randomly throughout the day, sometimes all day.  I haven't thrown up yet (knock on wood) and I am thankful for that.  I am pretty much NEVER hungry and only eat because I know I have to - which at times eases the nausea and at other times makes it worse.  I am just waiting for the cravings to kick in (at least then I will want to eat something - even if it is pickles and peanut butter).  I also have a slight bloody nose every morning when I blow my nose, fatigue, moodiness/weepiness (just ask Mark), sore and growing body parts, and gas (even my ultrasound technician commented on my bloatedness)!!  I know - lovely isn't it?  However, I am grateful, because symptoms mean growing baby and I am willing to go through this for a healthy baby.  So there you have it.  Here's to 2 more months of first trimester misery!    

No comments:

Post a Comment