Thursday, March 10, 2011

Pregnancy Induced Colic - Continued

Last night it lasted for 5 HOURS!!! I was awake from 12 - 5! And it still kind of hurts. Last night it ended up getting pretty bad. I was really really uncomfortable and sometimes the pain was so bad it made me cry. What the heck is wrong with me? I called my OB this morning and left a message. His nurse called me back pretty quickly and told me it was probably indigestion and to take maalox or mylanta. She also told me if it happens again tonight to call labor and delivery and see what they say. This is some intense indigestion if that's what it is. I am pretty much uncomfortable ALLLLLLLL day with an increase in discomfort at night. Does indigestion ever stop??
I feel like a total hypochondriac even writing this part, but I am a little concerned that it might be gallstones. It runs in my family.... and they all got it in their 20's. When I looked up gallstone symptoms they pretty much matched what I've been going through, but it did say also that the symptoms mimic indigestion and heartburn. My grandma says it sounds like what hers felt like at the beginning. I would just like to know BEFORE it gets really bad. I'm more of a preventing person than a repairing person. I'm sure doctors hate being asked for tests with the educated opinion of google as a source, but would it be that big of deal to just check my gall bladder just to make sure? If it happens again tonight I will ask labor and delivery and see what they say. I sure hope it just disappears!

No comments:

Post a Comment