Thursday, March 31, 2011

I Failed :(

I had my gestational diabetes screening today and failed :( I kind of had a feeling that I would, but I hoped that I was just being weird. I did everything I could to try and avoid a positive on the test. All day yesterday I only ate whole grains and proteins - no fruit, no sugar, nothing. Then for breakfast this morning all I had was eggs and cheese. I looked back at my test with Tyler and barely passed. I got a 127 and the cut off is 130. And I did have a bit of a sugar problem towards the end of my pregnancy with Tyler. Not a big one, just a "watch your sugars" kind of a thing. So I should have known. Today I got a 134 - which technically is not bad.... some doctors only care if it's over 140, but whatever. So tomorrow (or Saturday, I haven't decided which yet) I get to take the lovely 3 hour fasting glucose tolerance test. I'm not looking forward to it. Who makes a pregnant woman fast and then guzzle straight sugar? I am a bit worried as to how my body will react. The 1 hour test has never affected me in any way, so hopefully this won't either. Oh the joys of pregnancy! Hopefully everything will turn out normal this time around.

I was also diagnosed with anemia during this check up. Good news all around today :) That's not that big of deal. Just have to take some iron supplements. In fact, I'm thinking that it may make me feel even better and more energetic! That would be awesome! I have been feeling a bit rundown lately. The only not so lovely side effect is constipation. Guess I'll just have to up the fiber intake.

Aside from that the baby looks good and healthy. I'm measuring right on track at 27.5 weeks. She is moving tons and its quite powerful! Sometimes it even hurts. I do remember it sometimes hurting with Tyler, but not quite this early. I'm glad that she is such a mover though. Gives me reassurance. Aside from being a little bit more tired than usual I've been feeling pretty good. I still get nauseaus occasionally, but not too bad and usually eating helps. I wonder if that is related to the anemia as well. hmm? And that's about all. A few more days and I'm officially in my third trimester! Yay!!

No comments:

Post a Comment