Friday, May 13, 2011

The Long Stretch

Could my third trimester possibly go any slower? I'm 34 weeks todayish. Remember when I was 30 weeks? Yeah, me too. And that feels like an eternity ago - not just 4 weeks. Sometimes I feel like I'm never going to have this baby. I'm just going to be pregnant the rest of my life! Come on June. Get here already! The sad part is once June finally does get here I still have almost the entire month to wait. And I really do want to wait. As tired as I am of being pregnant I am not one of those women that reach 37 weeks and starts trying to induce labor. I have a firm belief that the closer to your due date, the better for your baby. There's a reason pregnancy goes 40 weeks. And that reason is not just to drive you crazy, although that is definitely accomplished in the process. At least at 37 weeks I can stop worrying about preterm labor. This girl is so low that sometimes I feel like she might just fall out.
Aside from the pregnancy doldrums I feel really good. My pelvic pain is gone, she moves, and because she is so low I can breathe pretty well. I mean really for 34 weeks I am doing good. I have a lot to be grateful for and then I get all bummed that I have six weeks left and then I get more bummed that I'm not enjoying every minute of pregnancy. Is it ok to not enjoy every minute of pregnancy - especially when your pregnancy is going so well? Shouldn't I be rejoicing and shouting my joy from the rooftops? Can't I be bummed and rejoiceful at the same time? Grateful yet ready? Happy yet bored? Cuz that's what I am. I am both of all those things. Well, I guess I can be all those things, I just need to focus on the more positive aspect of my pregnancy conundrums. So here's to six more weeks of an AWESOME, STUPENDOUS, FANTASTIC, MARVELOUS pregnancy. (and I really do hope it's six more weeks - no more no less).

No comments:

Post a Comment