Saturday, April 19, 2014

Maybe Good News?

Today I am 6 weeks exactly and after a spending a great weekend in Big Bear with some friends, I came home and had my blood drawn for my second hcg test. Waiting for the results of that test almost did me in! I checked my email every 5 minutes. Finally it showed up. My hcg levels rose! They didn't double, but they increased 73%. I don't know if I should be relieved or if it's just prolonging the inevitable. The OB nurse said she would be looking for an increase of at least 60%, which I surpassed, but it makes me nervous that it didn't double in the almost 72 hours between tests. Google has only shown me that it can go either way under these circumstances. So good news, but still in the waiting game. I am interested to see what the OB nurse has to say on Monday. I'm assuming I will be scheduled for another ultrasound in the upcoming week to see if a fetal pole and heart beat are visible. Symptoms wise, still pretty much nothing. My boobs are a bit more tender, I feel sick every once in a while and it lasts for only a few minutes. It's so fleeting I almost wonder if it's in my mind. And that's about it. I know that nothing I do will change the outcome, so I'm just trying to trust Heavenly Father and be patient. Easier said than done, but I am determined to do it! Heavenly Father is in control! He knows what's going on with this baby, even though I don't.

No comments:

Post a Comment