Monday, August 25, 2014

8-9 Week Check-up

Today I had my 8-9 week baby check where they check growth, heart rate, and such. I didn't realize how ridiculously anxious I was about it until I left and started having panic attacks in the car! It didn't help that I dry heaved while I was brushing my teeth. Stupid anxiety! My doctor said to expect an increase in the anxiety with the influx of pregnancy hormones and he was right. Luckily, for the most part I'm fine. Driving the hour down to my doctor though is kind of hard. I think it will get a lot better when the nausea goes away, since a lot of my anxiety stems around the fear of throwing up in public or while stuck driving in the car. Anyhoo, the appointment went great as far as baby is concerned! He didn't tell me the exact heart rate, but he said it's much faster. YAY! And the baby is nice and big - looking like a big blob. Actually, I even made out the head, and little arms and legs!! Unfortunately, I forgot the picture on the counter at the doctor's office! UGH! The baby measured at 8 weeks 4 days whereas my last period puts me at 8 weeks 6 days. He said that was nothing and kept my due date at March 31st. The same thing happened with Clara, so I'm not concerned. So everything looks good and my next appointment isn't until October 6th. 6 weeks away!

In other news, I am still feeling sick. Not quite as bad, but still yucky. Some days I feel almost normal, but those days are usually followed by 4 or 5 days of nausea. Any day now it can get better....any day! By now with both Tyler and Clara I felt better. I guess this pregnancy is different...woohoo. My energy is definitely on the upswing though, which helps a lot! At least I can get some things done. All in all things are looking up. 5 more weeks until this trimester is over!!

No comments:

Post a Comment