Thursday, August 14, 2014

Tender Mercy

In contrast with yesterday's post, today's post will be much more positive. I don't know if Heavenly Father could tell I needed a break or some sort of promise that things would get better, but today was light years better than yesterday. I had hardly any nausea or indigestion. My depression lifted! Last night I prayed feeling pretty desperate. Not because I felt sick per se, more because my depression was scarying me. I was afraid that I would fall into the deep pit of depression and have a hard time getting out. I've been there and it is a terrifying, horrible place to be. I was afraid that I would still be depressed even after I felt better. I felt like I was losing control and that scared me. I didn't want to be in that place again....especially while pregnant! So I prayed. I prayed for help to carry the burden of exhaustion and sickness. I prayed for strength and peace. I prayed that physical wellness would bring healing to my mind. I don't think I am done feeling sick, but I was given a day of rest. I was given confirmation that when I physically feel better my mind will follow. I hope I can retain the memory of this day if/when I have more bad days. The Lord is with me! 

No comments:

Post a Comment